Kidscamp is the perfect learn-to-ski-or-snowboard program for children with expert instruction and plenty of snow fun with other kids the same ages and abilities.
Kidscamp is a full-day instructional program for skiers and snowboarders.
Half day (1-3pm only) is available based on availability. Registration will be 12-12:30pm.
Age Requirements: Skiers ages 4-12 & Snowboarders ages 7-12. Children must be toilet trained & out of diapers.
Schedule: The program runs from December 20 (weather & conditions permitting) to mid March, Saturdays, Sundays & holiday weeks.
Holiday schedules for camp:
RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED and there is a 24 hour cancellation policy in effect.
About the Program: Camp will run from 10am to 3pm. The program includes four hours of lessons, rentals (if needed), lift ticket, lunch and supervision for the day. On-snow time can vary with weather, snow conditions, class dynamics and stamina. Groups form according to age and ability level. If you are unsure of your child’s ability level, please check our classification chart below. Participants may be moved to a higher level as their skills improve during the day. Parents understand and agree to Kidscamp policies. Parents must remain on premises while their child is participating in the Kidscamp program. Link here to Kidscamp waiver.
Check-in: Check-in begins at 8am and ends by 9:45am. Reservations will not be honored after check-in time.
Price: $129 w/ rentals (includes helmet) & $102 without. Price includes lift, lesson & equipment. Lunch is complimentary. Helmets are required for this program! Rentals include helmets: $27.
Helmet only rentals can be purchased for $11.00.
Location: Kidscamp meets in the lower level of the Discovery lodge.
What your child needs: Please refer to Checklist (below) for information on what your child will need for a successful and fun day in our program!
Registration forms will be completed with the information you provide over the phone or via the web. Please make sure all information is correct.
Kidscamp is a pre paid, reservation only program. Payment is due when reservations are made. There are NO Refunds! however, you may call to reschedule a missed date.
Limited space is available in each class level. To ensure that your child is a part of the program, please call or order online to make a reservation at least 72 hours in advance.
Walk-ins will be accommodated according to spaces available before each session starts.
Please refer to the chart below to find out about the appropriate ability level for your child.
Reservations are available online.
Proof of age is required for children under the age of 5 years.
Payment is due in full when booking your reservation.
If your child is ill, please refrain from bringing him/her into our program. If children suddenly develop any flu-like symptoms while in our care, our staff will notify you to come pick them up.
- Call or order on line to make a reservation in advance, especially for holiday weeks.
- If your child is bringing his or her own equipment, please make sure it fits properly & has had a complete tune-up.
- Snowboards must have a safety leash. Children will not be allowed on the snow without a snowboard leash.
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast.
- Pack snacks if your child is a picky eater. Please Note: peanut products will not allowed in the Kidscamp area.
- Allow adequate driving time for snowy roads and traffic.
- Arrive early to check-in for your session. Reservations will not be honored after check-in time.
- Bring appropriate winter attire: waterproof snow pants and jackets, waterproof gloves or mittens (pack an extra pair), extra socks (one pair only in the ski or snowboard boots, please), thermal underwear, extra layers, neck warmer (no scarves, please), helmet, goggles, sunscreen. Remember, you can remove layers when it's too warm.
NO BIKE HELMETS! (HELMETS CAN BE RENTED INDIVIDUALLY ON MOUNTAIN OR PURCHASED AS PART OF THE RENTAL PACKAGE. HELMETS ARE REQUIRED).
- Be sure everything is labeled with your child's name
Session 1: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Check-in from 8 - 9:45 am. Walk-ins will be addressed after check-in, 9:45 -10am.
10 am: Line-up Coordinator organizes groups.
10-12pm: Groups on snow. Experienced skiers/riders take first run on Iroquois to verify groups. Line-up Coordinator may adjust groups.
noon to 12:45pm: Lunch. Line-up Coordinator meets with instructors to make any changes for afternoon.
12:45: Instructors get kids ready for the afternoon. On snow at 1pm.
2:45 -3pm: Groups come in for sign-out. Instructors write report cards.
3 - 3:30pm: Parents meet with instructors, sign out.