Peace, Love and Safety
- Date: 01/25/2020
National Safety month occurs every January and we sending it out with a bang! Join us on January 25 for our Peace, Love, and Safety event.
Stop off at our safety kiosk at the Discovery Lodge and talk to one of our on mountain staff about safe slopes, the responsibility code, park smart, knowing the zone and other important safety information. Answer some questions and you can win some fun prizes.
Safety Poster Contest:
We want to see and hear from the kids about what safe skiing and riding means to them. The rules are:
- The poster must be related to "Your Responsibility Code" or one of the three elements of SmartStyle.
- Posters must be created by an individual child.
- Submit your entry on 8.5" x 11" or 11" x 17" paper to our the Discovery Lodge Guest Service counter by 1pm. We will have a poster station set up by in front of the Kidscamp check in counter if you don't want to create your poster at home.
- Please use only pencil, crayon, or paint for you design.
- On the back of the poster, please add your name, address and age.
- Winners will be announced at our Smore's and Stories at about 3:30pm in front of the Discovery Lodge.
Smore's & Stories:
We will be ending the day outside of the Discovery Lodge at 3:30pm for some Smore's & Stories! Right before we get into those yummy smore's, we will announce our winner of the safety poster contest.
Helmet Trade In:
Did you know that helmets have expiration dates, typically every 5 years you should purchase a new one. We will be handing out coupons at the safety kiosk for $10 off helmets at our retail shop.
Free Go with a Pro:
Our expert snowsports instructors will be meeting at the top of the gondola at 10am and 1pm to give a one run lesson down the mountain. They will give you a couple of pointers to help you improve your skills.
To stick with the theme of the 1969 Woodstock, come dressed up head to toe in tie dye or another Woodstock themed outfits/costumes for a $69 lift ticket.
Radio WDST out of Woodstock, will be playing at the Discovery Lodge from 11am to 1pm and the DJ Patrick del Rosario will be playing until closing.
Sponsored by the Hotel Dylan:
Hotel Dylan, located in Woodstock, is the sponsor for our Peace, Love and Safety, will be here at the mountain with their groovy van. Make sure you stop off at their table in the Discovery Lodge and learn about how to find that true escape from the everyday grind.