It’s a shared responsibility – We are in this together
We hope you and your family are staying safe this summer. We are open this summer with scenic gondola rides, hiking, and the Belleayre Beach. Thank you for your cooperation to help reduce the spread, and protecting our guests, community and employees. Face coverings (masks) are required when entering Belleayre. Please follow mask use and social distancing guidance at all times when visiting Belleayre.
Expectations for guests visiting Belleayre this summer:
Practice social distancing – Wherever possible, please respect other guest’s space by maintaining six (6) feet apart from other guests that not members of your party and to use face coverings as directed. We will have signage and decals to ensure guests remain six (6) feet apart.
- Face coverings – Anytime individuals come within six feet of another person, excluding family members of the same household, acceptable face coverings must be worn. Please also wear face coverings while waiting in lines and inside any buildings.
- Clean your hands frequently – Soap and water are available in the restrooms. Avoid touching your face and minimize touching surfaces. Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the mountain and the beach.
- If you arrived together, you can recreate together – groups will not be allowed to congregate unless you are all from the same household or arrive together in the same vehicle.
- Purchase online – you can purchase the Belleayre Beach Pass, day use tickets, and gondola rides through our online store. Credit card transactions are highly recommended for in-person transactions. Visit the Belleayre Store »
- Stay home if sick – If you are sick or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms please stay home.
Expectations from Belleayre to our guests:
- Hand sanitizer stations – When you are not able to wash your hands, we have placed hand sanitizing stations throughout our venue. They can be found at the Belleayre Beach and the Discovery Lodge.
- Face Coverings – All employees will be wearing face coverings (masks).
- Health Screenings – Employees undergo daily health screening and receive appropriate training to ensure safety. If an employee is sick, they will be required to stay home.
- Enhanced Cleaning and Sanitization – High-touch surfaces will be frequently cleaned and disinfected including gondola cabins and our public restrooms.
- State, County, and Federal Guidelines – Belleayre and the ORDA resorts will be following guidelines recommended by New York State, County, and CDC.
- Reducing Capacity – To maintain social distancing, we will be reducing capacity where necessary.
Belleayre Beach Information:
- Belleayre Beach will be limited to 50 percent capacity daily. Once capacity has been reached, beach goers will be stopped from entering the park.
- Parties must ensure that a distance of at least six (6) feet is always maintained among individuals unless they are members of the same household or family unit. Anytime individuals come within six feet of another person, excluding family members of the same household, acceptable face coverings must be worn.
- Parties must ensure ten (10) feet of distance between beach blankets and chairs, except for members of the same household.
- Groups will not be allowed to congregate on the beach and face coverings will be required around public buildings, including restrooms.
- Visitors should come prepared with a backup plan in the event they are turned away if the park has reached the 50 percent threshold.
- Picnic tables around the beach area will be available on a limited basis. Please do not move picnic tables.
- The playground will not be available for guests to use.
- Activities equipment such as horseshoes, balls, and beach toys will not be available for guests to use – please make sure to plan accordingly.
- Limited concessions will be available at the Belleayre Beach Snack Shack.
- Operations are subject to change at any time as we follow all New York State’s and local health orders.
Visit the Belleayre Beach »
Scenic Gondola Rides Information:
- Face coverings are required when a six (6) foot distance cannot be maintained among individuals unless they are members of the same household or family unit.
- Guests may board the Catskill Thunder Gondola with members of their party or alone.
- A face covering is required while waiting in line, and from the time of loading, throughout the duration of the ride, and when unloading.
Ride the Catskill Thunder Gondola »
- Face coverings are required when a six (6) foot distance cannot be maintained among individuals unless they are family members or in the same household.
- You are welcome to use any of our hiking trails for free.
- Hiking trails are not regularly monitored or checked at the end of the day.
Learn more about hiking »