May 22, 2020
Belleayre and all of our summer operations and activities remain closed, including Memorial Day weekend. Summer is almost here, the weather is turning warmer, and we wanted to reach out to you with some information. Belleayre is located in the Mid-Hudson region of the re-opening phase and currently does not meet the metrics to move forward. Belleayre is working to ensure everyone has as safe an experience as possible as we move through the New York Forward phases.
Our region is currently evaluating how an increase of guests looking to explore all the Catskills has to offer will affect everyone going into summer. We are waiting on direction from both the state and our regional representatives for guidance as we move forward. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Thank you for continuing to follow the recent public health guidance:
• Use social distancing, stay 6' from another person.
• Wear face masks in public places when physical distancing is not possible.
• No large gatherings; keep your outings to your immediate family and house mates.
• Be diligent with hand washing and minimize touching of surfaces.
• Be respectful of the others around you by following instructions.
-Your Friends at Belleayre
Thursday, May 7
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Thank you for visiting our website and staying in touch with us!
We hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy. We are looking ahead, while following current guidelines and keeping operations on pause. A few notes are posted below, and we will keep this page regularly updated with helpful information.
- Although we are not currently offering any recreational activities, we look forward to sharing information about our schedule as it becomes available.
- We ask that in the interest of everyone's health, to not visit Belleayre at this time. Public is not permitted beyond our access road entry gates.
- We are working on a procedure for you to safely retrieve belongings from seasonal lockers which will be posted here soon.
- Our Guest Services offices is handling all inquiries via email. If you have any questions about past ticket reservations, please send them there please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a community, we are all responsible for our health and well-being. Thank you for continuing to follow the guidelines and protocols being put forth by our public officials.
Belleayre is a family, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the activities we all love soon!
Thursday, April 9
We miss you, and wanted to check in and send some good wishes your way. We're thinking of all our guests and hope you are taking every precaution to stay healthy and safe.
Most importantly, we wanted to say thank you. Thank you to the hard-working essential employees, leaving their families each day in order to provide everyone important services and goods. We appreciate those of you that are staying home and following guidance from area officials to keep us all safe. Thanks to you, our skiers and riders, who have been very understanding and supporting during a difficult time. Our offices are not presently staffed, but we are responding to emails while preparing summer and fall activities.
We will continue staying in touch as more information about our schedules and offerings becomes available, but in the meantime, reach out to email@example.com with any questions. If we don't know the answer yet, know we are working on getting you information so we can respond as soon as our offices reopen. Thank you for your patience.
We recently extended our lowest prices on season passes by several months, from April 22 to August 12 (these are the same prices as last year and the year before, with the payment plan too). Over the summer, we'll be adding to our perks and value-added offerings that are bundled into our passes. If you are renewing your pass, our online reload feature offers convenience and efficiency.
From our family to yours, stay safe and we'll be seeing you soon!
Wednesday, April 1
Belleayre and the ORDA family are thrilled to be participating in the GogglesForDocs initiative. GogglesForDocs is an effort to get used or new ski goggles into the hands of healthcare workers who currently have no eye protection as they treat COVID-19 patients.
If you are a local skier/rider, shop, or manufacturer and would like to donate goggles, we have placed a donation box at the entrance to the Belleayre Beach (33 Friendship Manor Road, Pine Hill, NY 12465).
Is this Legit?
Yes. The original request came by way of an ER physician who is department head at a large NYC hospital ED. His Aunt is a race coach who works at Catamount Ski Area. We created a share system whereby the hospitals add themselves to a master list.
Tinted or clear lenses?
Either. They have nothing. Dark lenses are better than a patient coughing in someone's face.
Used or new goggles?
Either. Most of these goggles will be used. However, cracked or damaged lenses do not fall under PPE standards.
Which hospitals will receive the goggles?
Many. We are working with local hospitals in the Catskill Region as well as the Adirondackes, and NYC Metro areas.
**Drop off Guidelines**
- If another donation is being dropped when you arrive, please wait in your vehicle until that donation is complete to drop your goggles in the bin.
Tuesday, March 24
Dear Belleayre Family,
The safety and wellbeing of our staff & guests is our main concern. The Belleayre staff has been greatly reduced due to the governor’s directives, but some of us continue to work at the facility and some of us are currently working from home. We continue to focus on the future, and what we will be offering to our Belleayre family in the upcoming months.
We want to remind everyone that Belleayre Mountain is closed to the general public and is not accessible for any recreational activities. While this was not an easy decision to make, and we have considered the extended impact it will have on our guests, employees and the local communities, and while it is also very disappointing, we feel that it is the responsible thing to do at this time.
While we have received fresh snow, and we know many of you are interested in hiking/skinning the mountain, Uphill access is CLOSED on all portions of the mountain. Our Ski Patrol staff are no longer on property and there are still many dangers and unforeseen risks to hiking/skinning the mountain. We all have a part to play in mitigating this public health crisis and we ask that everyone please stay home. Help us keep our staff safe during this time by staying off of the hill.
We understand that the season ended abruptly, and we know that many of you have questions. Please be patient with us during this time and we will answer all your questions as soon as we can when we have more staff in the offices.
Thursday, March 19
Belleayre, and the other mountains and venues within the Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) are closed to the public and are not accessible to the general public or for recreational activities. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and appreciate everyone's cooperation as we all do our part to get through this difficult time together. A few notes are posted below. As we learn more, we will update this page.
- Our current office hours are 8:30am to 4:00pm.
- Unfortunately the general public is not permitted on the mountain. We understand that some of you have belongings still stored in your seasonal lockers and your gear remains in your lockers. When we have an approved procedure for you to retrieve your items, it will be posted here.
- Our access roads and parking lots will be blocked off.
- Uphill skiing and snowshoeing are not permitted at this time.
- For questions, comments and refund information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The mountain staff has been reduced and there may be a delay in responding back to any phone messages.
- Guests can request refunds or credits on pre-purchased lift tickets, ski and ride school, equipment rentals and more, subject to applicable terms and conditions. Please email us at email@example.com.
From all of us at Belleayre, have a great day and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Sunday, March 15
ORDA Suspends Operations of Ski Resorts & Lake Placid Olympic Venues
LAKE PLACID, N.Y. --- The New York State Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) managed ski areas and all its venues will suspend operation at the close of today, Sunday, March 15.
Closures include all Nordic and Alpine ski resorts; Mt. Van Hoevenberg, Belleayre Mountain Ski Resort, Gore Mountain and Whiteface Mountain.
Additionally, the Lake Placid Olympic sites will be closing; Olympic Jumping Complex, Olympic Sports Complex, The Olympic Oval and The Olympic Center including its museum and retail shops.
ORDA and our ski resorts understand that many of our guests have purchased advanced lift tickets. If you have purchased Belleayre lift tickets, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 845.254.5600.
Additionally, the Lake Placid Olympic venue information, including the Mt Van Hoevenberg Nordic center can be found at www.lakeplacidolympicsites.com.
Saturday, March 14
Hello Riders and Skiers,
We have an operations update for the upcoming week. Will be open on Sunday, March 15th, closed Monday through Thursday and will be re-opening on Friday, March 20th. If you are still itching to get those turns in this week, head on north to our sister mountains Gore and Whiteface.
Some additional operational changes:
- SNOWSPORTS - We will only be offering private lessons, there will be no adult or kids group lessons.
- PROMOTIONS - All upcoming promotional days will be canceled. This includes, Why Not Wednesdays, Belleayre Gives Back, and Ski Council Days.
- LODGES AND SERVICES - In addition to the social distancing practices, the lounge areas and retail shops will be closed.
Thursday, March 12
Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for being a customer of Belleayre Mountain. We are making several modifications to this weekend’s operations, in the interest of the health and safety of you and our staff. Presently, we are open during regular operational hours, with limited capacity. We will be operating with a 50% density reduction applied within our indoor facilities.
The Catskill Thunder Gondola will be closed for the remainder of the season and all the seating capacity on all lifts will also be controlled.
Belleayre is implementing the following changes. Please refer to this page frequently for updates; they will be posted here as they become available:
- LODGE SPACE/SAFE DISTANCE - Seating will be reduced to 50% in all lodges. Please observe posted signage and practice social distancing. Please keep 6 feet of distance between you and others.
- LIFT SERVICES - If family members and friends would like to ride lifts together, that is fine. Strangers/singles reserve the right to have their own chair at this time- lift attendants will only pair up people on quads if that is their desire.
- CATSKILL THUNDER GONDOLA will be closed for the remainder of the season.
- RESTROOMS - No changes. Please use visits to these areas to wash your hands thoroughly.
- SHUTTLES - Shuttle operations are discontinued for the remainder of the season. Drop-off areas for delivering others in your party and their belongings to the Base Area have been modified to allow for more space between cars.
- TICKETING - Our ticket sellers will be operating every other window and will wear gloves. These modifications are for everyone’s safety and may slow down transactions; thank you for your patience.
- RENTALS - Open and available but please be courteous and maintain 6 feet of distance between you and others.
- GUEST SERVICES, SNOWSPORTS & GROUP SALES AREAS - One guest will be allowed in this area at a time.
- FOOD SERVICE - We are diligently keeping services and food stations wiped and sanitary. We will also be offering more grab n' go items.
- KIDS' PROGRAMS - All kids' programming is cancelled for the season. This includes Kidscamp, Kids Group Lessons and the Tiger Den Drop off Center.
- LIVE MUSIC & EVENTS - We are canceling all live music performances, and events: This will include the Mogul Mash & Ski Patrol BBQ. Please continue to check our calendars and snow reports for changes.
- GROUP LESSONS – Adult Group Lessons (ages 13 & up) will be offered for those able to ride the lift – this includes learn to ski or ride better. Beginner Packages will not be available in order to reduce person to person contact.
- PRIVATE LESSONS – Private lessons for those able to ride the chairlift independently will be available this weekend. If you have a child that is chairlift ready, but unable to ride independently, you will be required to ride the chairlift with the child for the duration of the lesson.
- SEASON LONG PROGRAMS – All season long programs are cancelled for the season. This includes our mountain explorers’ programs, mini explorers’ programs and our Adult Weekend Workshop Programs. If you are part of one of the competitive programs, please reach out to NYSEF.
- PSIA EVENTS – PSIA events for this weekend will be cancelled. Please stay tuned for information on future events.
As a community, we are all responsible for our health and well-being. We urge everyone to follow the guidelines and protocols put forth by public health officials.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding as this situation continues to evolve.