Hours of Operation
The beach is open from June 17 through Labor Day weekend.
View Dates & Times »
Please take some time to read through the Beach Rules.
View Beach Rules »
Belleayre Beach charges a vehicle use fee to enter the facility. The easy-to-use Beach Pass is your key to all-season enjoyment with unlimited entry any day the beach is open.
View Fees & Rates »
Rentals & Activities
In addition to swimming, the beach offers boating, fishing, hiking, and other activities.
View Boat Rentals & Activities »
Contact Information & Directions to the Belleayre Beach
The Belleayre Beach is located in the Hamlet of Pine Hill, right off of Route 28.
View Contact Information & Directions »
Hours of Operation
2023 Operating Dates and Hours:
Saturday June 17 & 18
10:00am – 5:00pm
Closed from June 19 through Thursday, June 22
June 23 through September 4, 2023
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
11:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday and Sunday
10:00am – 6:00pm
Closed on Tuesdays
Additional Summer Days & Hours:
July 3 & 4
10:00am – 6:00pm
Swimming ends at 5:30 and the last boat rental is at 4:30 on days the beach is open.
The weather may affect park operations. Dates and times are subject to change.
Safety is our first concern
For the safety and enjoyment of all who visit, the following regulations are enforced by staff at the Belleayre Beach:
- Swimming beyond the second rope is only permitted when there is a lifeguard is on duty. If no lifeguards are on duty, the park will be open and the swimming area will not be supervised by a lifeguard or other responsible person. We have established a series of safeguards to be followed by guests, including but not limited to guests not being permitted to go past the second rope. Additional details will be presented to guests upon arrival at the facility.
- Flotation (tubes, noodles, rafts, balls, etc.) or underwater devices are not permitted except for U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets.
- U.S. Coast Guard life jackets are required to be worn when using any vessel (boat).
- Swimming outside of the roped area is not permitted.
- Drones are not permitted at Belleayre – Out of safety concerns for guests, employees, and resort property, as well as concerns for individual privacy, Belleayre Mountain prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems by the general public, including recreational users and hobbyists, without the prior written authorization from Belleayre.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the beach.
- Glass containers are not permitted in the facility.
- Inverted jumping (flips, etc.) is not permitted off the dock.
- Animals or pets are not permitted at the facility, including pets in vehicles.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted on the beach, in any building, or in lines at the Lifeguard Office and Snack Shack.
- Swim diapers are required for all children who are not toilet trained.
- The Belleayre Beach is open to non-motorized recreational kayaking and canoeing as long as the boat has been steam cleaned within the last 24 hours and provide the receipt upon entry. Please note inflatable boats are not allowed.
Rentals & Activities
Belleayre Beach is the place to be for all your summer fun! In addition to swimming – the beach offers boating, fishing, picnicking, horseshoe pits, volleyball, basketball, and more! Once you pay the day-use entrance fee, you will have full access to the entire facility and grounds. Swimming is included with your entrance fee.
The pavilions and sun chair rentals are available for purchase through our store. Boats are available to rent in person on a first-come first-serve basis at the Lifeguard Office.
Purchase Rentals and Activities »
Fun Beach Activities
Boating is a fun and relaxing way to play on top of the water. All boats are rented for one hour and the Beach offers the following boat rentals:
- Stand on Top Paddle Boards
- Pedal Boats
- Single Kayaks
- Double Kayaks
- Aqua Trikes
Love to fish? Pine Hill Lake has a variety of fish to catch. Trout, bass, sunnies, and perch are just a few of the fish we regularly see on the ends of fishing poles. There is no fee to fish in the lake but remember you are subject to New York State’s fishing rules and regulations. Fishing licenses are not sold at Belleayre Beach, but there are a couple of local sports shops in the area that do.
Cool off in the summer heat this summer at the local swimming hole. The Belleayre Beach offers lifeguard supervised swimming with a white sandy beach. Swimming is only allowed in the roped-in area. Roped off areas include 2 ft, 4 ft, 6 ft, 6-13 ft with diving dock, and a deep water lap lane. Swimming is only allowed when there is a lifeguard on duty and the diving dock and lap lane areas will only be open if there are two or more guards on duty. If there are no guards on duty, the facility will still be open for all other activities. There is a day-use fee to enter the facility.
There are also a bunch of free activities at the Belleayre Beach you can participate in too. Below is just a sampling of what else we have to offer.
- Volleyball / Badminton
- Horseshoe Pits
- Wiffle Ball
- Picnicking with tables and BBQ grills – There are limited picnic tables and BBQ grills available
- Hiking – take a nice easy stroll around the lake. If you need something more challenging, there is a trailhead behind the pavilions. These trails will give you access to miles of hiking terrain including trails to the top of Belleayre Mountain.
Arts and Crafts at the Beach
Take a little break from swimming and get crafty with us at the Belleayre Beach. Discover some fun and engaging projects the whole family can enjoy, designed for kids of all ages – including adults.
Time: 1pm at the Belleayre Beach
July 24 – Build a Bird House
July 31 – Bracelet Making
August 7 – Felt & Wood Animals
August 14 – Tie Dye (Bring Your Own T-Shirt)
August 21 – Rock Painting
Reserve Your Arts & Crafts Spot »